CCHL2 Power Rankings Week 19 | By: Mason Detre
- Ottawa Canadians (33-2-1) | Last week: 1 | Results: 8-2W vs OW | This was the only game that the Canadians played. Eleven different Canadians player got on the score sheet against Ottawa West. They’ve now won nine consecutive games.
- Brockville Tikis (20-10-5) | Last week: 3 | Results: 5-4SOW at CAS, 4-3L at PER | The Tikis saw their seven game winning streak end but had leads in both games this week. They almost just barley got the win against Casselman and then loss a 3-1 lead against Perth. Fine -Lease had 1 G / 1 A and Toomey collects a natural hat-trick.
3. Perth Blue Wings (20-10-4) | Last week: 5 | Results: 7-2W vs REN, 4-3W vs BRO | The Blue Wings are now 3-0-1 in their last four games. They had a goal differential of +6 this week. Symington (4 G / 1 A), Power (7 A) and Miller (2 G / 3 A) each led the way this week.
4. Ottawa West Golden Knights (22-11-2) | Last week: 4 | Results: 8-2 at OJC, 4-3W vs WPR, 6-2W at ALX | There goal differential this week was -1 because of their blowout loss against OJC. They came back against Westport down three goals and dominated their way to a victory against Alexandria. Lucas Brown leads the way by collecting two goals and four assists in a six-point week.
5. Casselman Vikings (26-6-2) | Last week: 2 | Results: 5-4SOL at CAS | It was the Vikings only loss this week. Give credit for coming back down 4-0 to salvage a point. They will still remain a top two team in the standings but move down to five. Dicaire had 1 G / 1 A and Gagnier scores the game tying goal.
6. Carleton Place Jr. Canadians (19-13-2) | Last week: 6 | Results: 9-2W at ARN, 5-2L at WHT | The Canadians were off to a hot start against Arnprior but couldn’t find a way to win against Whitewater. Lightfoot keeps lighting it up after one goal and three assists this week.
7. Westport Rideaus (18-12-4) | Last week: 7 | Results: 4-3L at OW, 7-5W vs ATH, 5-4SOL at WHT | The Rideaus can’t hold on to a lead when it comes to close games. Lost a 3-0 lead against Ottawa West and a 2-0 lead against Whitewater. The positive thing is they comeback against Athens. Kettyle had seven assists and Seed (2 G / 3 A) and McHugh (3 G / 2 A) each had five points.
8. Renfrew Timberwolves (17-17-2) | Last week: 9 | Results: 7-2L at PER, 3-1W vs ALX | After a tough loss against Perth, the Timberwolves won a big game against a tough Alexandria Glens team. Richardson had two goals including the GWG against Alexandria. They are now tied with Arnprior for the 5th and final playoff spot in the Richardson Division.
9. Alexandria Glens (19-15-3) | Last week: 8 | Results: 6-2L vs OW, 3-1L at REN | Their four game winning streak came to an end against Ottawa West and lost their second straight game versus Renfrew. The most important thing is to stayed out of the penalty box. They had a total 84 PIM this week.
10. Char-Lan Rebels (16-16-4) | Last week: 10 | Results: 4-3OTL vs EMB, 8-1W at RCH | The Rebels couldn’t find a way to hold a lead against Embrun then dominated Richmond on Sunday afternoon. Campbell had five assists on Sunday and Testani tallied three goals in two games.
11. Whitewater Kings (11-17-6) | Last week: 14 | Results: 5-4SOW vs WPR, 5-2W vs CPB | What a week for Whitewater. Alec Lindecker gave the Kings their first shootout win in franchise history then took down Carleton Place. Tommy Cahill leads the way with 2 G / 2 A in a four-point week.
12. Winchester Hawks (13-20-4) | Last week: 13 | Results: 6-5OTW vs EMB, 4-3OTW at ARN | Two games in OT and both of them victories. Fleming (1 G / 3 A) and Johnson (2 G / 1 A) each lead the way for the Hawks and are now riding a two game winning streak.
13. Arnprior Packers (16-16-4) | Last week: 11 | Results: 9-2L vs CPB, 4-3OTL vs WIN | The struggles continue after their 3-0 loss to Brockville. They were blown out by Carleton Place and then can’t hang on to a 3-0 lead against Winchester.
14. Athens Aeros (12-17-5) | Last week: 12 | Results: 7-5L at WPR, 3-2W vs RCH | Only one win this week against Richmond and couldn’t hang on to a lead against their rivals Westport. Matt Berry collects a hat-trick and one assists for four points this week.
15. Embrun Panthers (12-20-6) | Last week: 15 | Results: 6-5OTL at WIN, 4-3OTW vs CHR | Riley Carisse was the hero after scoring two goals and two assists against Char-Lan including the OT winner. The Panthers were able to pick up three of four points this week in their battle for the final playoff spot.
16. Richmond Royals (9-26-1) | Last Week: 16 | Results: 3-2L at ATH, 8-1L vs RCH | The Royals have now lost four consecutive games and only collect three goals this week. Their goal differential at -8 this week.